It’s a stat…and that’s that! – Highlights from our 2019 Asset Manager Survey
Asset managers were asked how they expect interest rates to move in the UK, Europe and the U.S. The results showed that:
- In the U.K. opinion was split. Predictions ranged from a 25bps fall in interest rates up to a raise of 50bps. The majority of managers predicted either no change in the interest rate or a small rise of 25bps.
- In Europe over 70% of manager surveyed predicted there will be no change in the interest rate.
- In the U.S. over 80% predicted that interest rates will rise, with almost 50% of survey respondents predicting a rise of over 50bps
Managers were also asked how optimistic they were about global financial markets over the next 12 months. The results showed that:
- The majority of managers surveyed were neutral towards the Global market (excluding the UK)
- Over 60% of managers are pessimistic about the U.K. market heading into 2019.
- Less than 10% of respondents had an optimistic outlook for the U.K. financial market
- The majority of managers surveyed were neutral towards the European market (excluding the UK)
- Managers surveyed were slightly more optimistic regarding the U.S. market with over 75% of managers surveyed having a neutral or positive outlook
- Managers surveyed were most optimistic about Emerging Markets with over 50% of responses
Thank you to all managers who took the time to answer the survey!
Missed out on last week’s stat? Click here to look at the results from our 2019 Investor Survey.
How to make the most of CAMRADATA…