Top performing asset managers recognised…
CAMRADATA, a leading provider of data and analysis for institutional investors, hosted its CAMRADATA Awards for the fifth year running on 1st March 2019 at the RSA House, London.
49 awards were presented to asset managers who have excelled at managing funds across Fixed Income, Equity and Multi-Asset in a range of asset classes including Developed and Emerging Markets, Multi Sector Fixed Income and Diversified Growth Funds, amongst others, over the past three years.
The top four winners who scooped three awards each were:
- Allianz Global Investors Global Equity – won the Global Equity – No Predominant Style All Cap (GBP); Global Equity – Value All Cap (USD) and UK Equity – No Predominant Style All Cap (GBP) awards
- Ashmore Group – won the Emerging Market Equity – No Predominant Style All Cap (USD); Emerging Markets Broad Bond Local Currency (USD) and Emerging Markets Corporate Debt (USD) awards
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management – won the Asia Ex-Japan – All Cap & Large Cap (USD); Emerging Market Equity – Growth All Cap (USD) and Emerging Market Equity – Value All Cap (USD) awards
- Janus Henderson Investors – won the Global Equity – Core All Cap (GBP), European Corporate Bond High Yield (EUR) and Global Corporate Bond High Yield (USD) awards
Victoria Blackman, Consultant Relations UK at Allianz Global Investors said, “The CAMRADATA awards event was fantastic fun and we were delighted to be presented with three awards. It was a great opportunity to meet with the other asset managers and network over a glass of prosecco in a lovely venue.”
Other winners, who picked up two awards each, were:
- AB (AllianceBernstein) – won the Global Equity – Core All Cap (EUR) and Global Equity – Core All Cap (USD) awards
- Capital Group – won the Emerging Markets Broad Bond Hard Currency (USD) and Global Broad Bond High Yield (USD) awards
- Colchester Global Investors Limited – won the Emerging Markets Government Debt (USD) Global and Government Debt (USD) awards
- MacKay Shields LLC – won the US Broad Bond High Yield (USD) and US Corporate Bond High Yield (USD) awards
- T Rowe Price Group, Inc. – won the US Equity – Core Large Cap (USD) and US Equity – Growth Large Cap (USD) awards
- Wellington Management International Limited – won the US Loans (USD) and Emerging Market Equity – Core All Cap (USD) awards
Third time winners included Daiwa SB Investments (UK) Ltd, who picked up the Award for Japanese Equity – All Cap (YEN).
Arnaud Gérard, CFA, Business Development Director at Daiwa SB Investments (UK) Ltd, said, “We are delighted to receive this award which recognises both the traditional feature of good past performance of our fund, and as important characteristics, its attractive upside capture / downside protection portfolio diversification benefits. At a time of greater global equity uncertainty, this ought to be re-assuring aspects for investors and fund selectors alike.
And another winner for a third year in a row, TCW, won the Emerging Markets Gov/Corp Debt (USD) Award this year.
Clive Crowe, Managing Director at TCW Europe Limited said, “TCW are delighted to have been invited to the CAMRADATA Awards for the third year running and are thrilled to win the 2019 CAMRADATA award for Emerging Markets Gov/Corp Debt (USD). This recognition is testament to the team’s focus on long term, risk-adjusted returns.”
Unlike many other industry awards, CAMRADATA does not engage a judging panel to decide who wins. Instead, it applies Independent Quantitative ‘IQ’ scores and rankings to determine the most exceptional funds, using five quantitative risk and performance calculations, based on data from the last three years.
Sean Thompson, Managing Director, CAMRADATA says, “We’re delighted to present the CAMRADATA Awards to these outstanding asset managers across major institutional classes for the fifth year running.
“CAMRADATA has been gathering, analysing and publishing asset manager data since 2003 to enable institutional investors, including pension schemes, insurance firms, charities and consultants make informed investment decisions.”
CAMRADATA’s main publishing brand, Funds Europe, will publish a special CAMRADATA Awards supplement in the next few weeks, with an in-depth look at all the 2019 winners.